- 1⁄4 cup of uncooked quinoa flakes
- 3⁄4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh berries
- A pinch of ground cinnamon to serve
- Soak quinoa flakes with 1⁄4 cup almond milk overnight in the fridge. This speeds up the cooking time in the morning.
- Add soaked quinoa flakes to a small saucepan with the remaining 1⁄2 cup almond milk.
- Heat on low-medium heat until simmering, stirring regularly.
- Cook for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, or until the porridge is thickened, smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with chopped almonds and your choice of berries.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Use organic unsweetened rice or oat milk instead or almond milk if preferred. Add a sliced banana, chopped apple and or sliced paw paw. Adding some nuts and seeds such as flaxseeds, almonds, cashews can increase the nutritional value and give your porridge some extra flavour and crunch.