- 450 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 & 1⁄2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice (to taste)
- A pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup of water (to adjust consistency if required)
- A pinch of ground paprika to serve
- A pinch of cayenne pepper or finely chopped chilli (optional)
- Place cooked chickpeas and tahini into a food processor.
- Add garlic, olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, sea salt and cumin (if using). Blend at a low speed until smooth, scraping down the sides if required to combine thoroughly.
- Gradually add extra water if a smoother consistency is required and more lemon juice to taste.
- Spoon into a dish and sprinkle with ground paprika. Cover and refrigerate for the flavours to combine or until ready to serve.
Variation: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or finely chopped chilli if a spicier hummus is desired. You can also bake slivers of pumpkin to add when blending to give the hummus some extra flavor.